I see what you talking about now. Maybe VHSL ment to put 492.
I don't see how Coeburn had 393 and Pv 392. Im guess it's a miss print.
Im sure VHSL will clarify wheater it's 392 or 492. I believe the 492 is right number.
Printable View
c-dawg : yeah, the VHSL switched to 9-12 some years back.
PV2WISE2VCU :
"Care to provide any link that states PV had under 400 kids"
Sure - Wise County Schools - Video - WCYB Tri Cities
"Every report had them at 540 kids "
Care to provide a link for that? As I said in post 5, those numbers are 2 years old, because that's what the VHSL last reported. The DoE has more current numbers, but that would require ppl. to actual take the time to look them up, which most ppl. are to lazy to do
"the originial post is obviously wrong"
You're correct about that. I went back and watched it again...Union has 658, not 659. Sorry about that.
-----
Now, let's get serious.
I looked up the 2009 numbers - PV had 540 & Appy had 223.
And 659 - 392 = 267.
With some kids going to Lee, Appy would've needed nearly 300, so that can't be right.
Looks like the mistake occured before they shot the story.
Guessing CYB prob. should've said 492 to 659, which would mean 167 from Appy.
(PV's numbers are at the 2:30 mark)
Rappahannock County dropped football yesterday.
No, I don't mean this season.
Turnout was 30 kids last week ...
14 for varsity, 10 for JV, 6 for MS
Rapp. County pulls plug on football | Star-Exponent
It actually is for this season, not permanently , that's them canceling the middle/JV teams for this season as well as the varsity they pulled the plug on.
Wonder what JIB numbers were this year? Anyone know
with 10 JV kids, they won't have fb next year. If they go 2 years w/o fb, you think it'll come back somehow?
It depends on how much those ten kids want to play football. If they really want to play then they tell their classmates to get off their lazy butts and get them to play. Somewhere along the line I'm sure every school has not had football or had to cancel a season due to lack of numbers or whatever reason, but one season won't mean they will never have another one. This story made it to a sports forum at the other end of the state. Who's to say it won't pick up steam and light a fire under some kids up there?
So now I am supposed to believe PV lost 60 kids in two years? While possible, it's still not probable.
okay, found my link for the DoE numbers.
VDOE :: Fall Membership
The Spring numbers aren't online, but here's what they had for last Fall...
Coe 392, StP 160
Kelly 474, Pound 222
PV 528, Appy 195
and what CYB said
Coe 393 to 440 for Eastside (so 47 from StP)
JJK 468 to 650 for Central (so 182 from Pound)
PV 392 to 659 for Union (lets make it 492 & 167)
Which means PV lost 36 over the past year.
(and the numbers contributed by the 2nd school aren't exact... just something for comparison).